What is LinguaFolio?
LinguaFolio is a self-assessment tool that encourages you to record and reflect on your language learning and cultural experiences. As a language learner, you will set goals that will guide your language learning process so you can focus on particular language learning tasks that will benefit you the most.
The individual parts of the online LinguaFolio tool allow you to document the evidence that supports your language learning and identifies tasks that clearly show what you can do in a language and how well you perform those tasks. That evidence, along with the clearly defined descriptions of what you can do in the language, help to inform not only you of your progress, but also gives others a much clearer understanding of your language abilities than grades alone can do.
Why should I use LinguaFolio?
Using LinguaFolio helps you:
- Manage and analyze your own learning process
- Set personal short-term and long-range goals and map out ways to achieve them
- Evaluate and describe your language proficiency
- Identify and use learning methods that work best for you
- Identify your strength and weaknesses in learning languages
- Change the way you think about learning a language
- Document language learning experiences inside and outside the classroom
- Provide a clearer understanding of what you can do with language
- Provide a clearer description of your language abilities than a set of grades or test scores.
LinguaFolio is divided into three main components with various sub-sections. The online version of LinguaFolio is organized slightly differently, but still contains the same components.
of Individual Language Learning
Snapshot or summary of information